It is important to note that in view of the limited hostel accommodation, the candidates should clearly understand that the grant of admission to a full-time programme of study in the University would not ensure allotment of hostel accommodation. Accommodation will be offered to the eligible applicants subject to availability. Candidates admitted to Part-Time programmes of study are not eligible for hostel accommodation.
1. All selected students who need hostel accommodation will be required to apply in the prescribed application form obtainable from the Office of the Dean of Students. Admission in the hostel is in accordance with the merit secured in the Entrance Examination held by the University in the respective programmes of study.
2. Upto 22.5% (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST, (interchangeable, if necessary) and 3% of the seats in the hostels are reserved for the SC / ST and Physically Challenged (Handicapped) candidates respectively. All SC (Boys and Girls) except residents of Delhi will be provided hostel. The SC / ST / PH students are exempted from payment of hostel fee (room rent). This is applicable only to those SC / ST / PH students who are not in receipt of fellowships / scholarships and whose parents / guardians income is under Rs. 75,000/- per annum.
3. The criteria for allotment of hostel accommodation by the University is as under :
(a) Students admitted to the full-time Programme of Study and who have passed their qualifying examination from places outside Delhi, and are not residents of Delhi excepting those who are admitted to a programme at a level at which the student already has a degree or has pursued studies in JNU (at the same level) with hostel accommodation.
(b) Students who have passed their qualifying examinations from Delhi but have stayed in recognized University / College hostel and are not residents of Delhi, subject to their furnishing documentary evidence alongwith hostel application from the Head of the College / Institution to the effect that he / she had been a resident student.
(c) Students who have passed their qualifying examinations from Delhi institutions by making their private arrangements for accommodation but at the same time do not have their family residence in Delhi, subject to their furnishing a documentary evidence to the satisfaction of the University authorities.
List of Documents to be furnished :
i) Photocopy of Ration Card duly attested. ( Also bring original Ration Card for verification) Ration card should be atleast one year old with a proof of having drawn ration for at least six months.
ii) Residence Certificate / Domicile Certificate issued by BDO / SDM / Tehsildar or any other competent authority (where Ration Card System is not existing).
iii) Posting Certificate (in case of wards of Service Officers).
iv) Document in support of private arrangement for accommodation in Delhi.
(d) Local students whose parents / guardians are transferred outside Delhi, subject to their furnishing satisfactory documentary evidence to this effect from the employer.
(e) Provided that in case an applicant fails to furnish the relevant documentary evidence, as mentioned at (b), (c) & (d) above, at the time of submitting an application for hostel admission, his / her priority, as well as merit, will be treated as per the information furnished in the application and that certificates submitted subsequent to start of hostel allotment in support of his / her claim will be considered by the Dean of Students as he deems fit.
Outstation students who are admitted to a programme at a level at which the student already has a degree or has pursued studies in JNU (at the same level) with hostel accommodation.
V and XI semester (SLL&CS) MA, V semester, M. Phil.,IX semester Ph. D., local students in that order. Admission to the local students when provided will be only for the duration of the current academic session strictly and such students would be required to surrender the hostel accommodation latest by 31st May of the Academic Session.
4. Current Hostel Charges are as follows :
5. Mess advance of Rs. 750/- will be payable in the hostel at the time of admission. Actual mess charges will have to be paid by 24th of the following month.
6. Students who are admitted to the hostel are required to join the mess. The mess offers simple meals at moderate rates which may vary from time to time depending on the cost of the meals served.
7. Hostel residents are expected to observe the rules and regulations prescribed for them as well as all the requirements of corporate life and the social norms that living together demands.
8. Failure to observe discipline or violation of rules may make a student liable to disciplinary action which may result in the withdrawal of hostel facilities.
9. In case it is found at any later stage that incorrect information has been furnished or some material facts have been concealed, the student is liable to eviction from the hostel besides such other action which the University may deem fit to take against him / her.
|Home||About Us||JNU Courses||JNU Schools||Notification||Disccussion Form||Evaluate Your Self||Special Features||Contact Us|
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. COPYRIGHT © N F I L Legal Disclaimer